Business Development Executive, New York
SaaS/RegTech start-up – Business Development Executive, huge opportunity to learn and impact, rapid career progression, ambitious international growth plans.
We've turned our passion, advanced big data analytics and cutting-edge technology into a high-growth RegTech SAAS company revolutionizing the way companies protect themselves from criminals, terrorists and money launderers.
We already work with some 200 clients in the financial markets and other regulated and high-risk sectors, helping them make intelligent choices when complying with regulations relating to sanctions, money laundering (AML), terrorist financing (CFT), bribery and corruption.
Our unique proprietary database provides dynamic real-time insight into financial crime risks. Using artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data analytics, we help firms manage their compliance and risk obligations, but more importantly, detect and prevent the occurrence of financial crime, child labor, and modern day slavery.
Founded in 2014 and headquartered in NYC with offices in London, and Cluj, we recently completed $8.2m Series A funding led by Balderton Capital. Most recently the firm was recognized in CityAM’s 20 Digital Innovators and TechWorld’s Nine RegTech Firms to Watch.
We’re a rapidly growing team, with a flat hierarchy, that’s totally determined and focused on doing whatever it takes to be the market leader in our space.
We’re looking for a Business Development Executive to develop our presence and sell our SAAS solutions within the Banking and Financial Services sector in the US.
You’ll be working with our clients closely to solve their real life business problems. It’s a proactive, high-energy, fast-paced environment where you’ll be given the support and training you need to thrive.
Success in this role will mean:
- Strengthening financial institutions' protection against money launderers and terrorist financiers
- Helping customers to gain a competitive advantage through their compliance processes
- Fueling ComplyAdvantage's growth and market presence in the US
- Taking on, and winning deals against, large incumbents
You'll be measured on your ability to generate leads, qualify opportunities and close deals, and to achieve this you'll be:
- Setting ambitious weekly sales activity quotas and use the CRM to document and achieve them
- Generating leads using the latest techniques and tools, including leveraging marketing content via social media channels, attending marketing events, and generating referrals through networks
- Finding and engaging with senior decision makers in financial services companies (and others), understanding their compliance needs/processes, educating them on our product features and benefits, and qualifying the potential opportunities
- Managing and prioritizing inbound and outbound leads
- Sharing market intelligence with marketing and senior management to help drive future strategic decisions. The more senior you become, the more insights turn into proposals for expedited business growth
- Negotiating and closing deals with prospects - we give our business development team significant responsibility, and you won't be stuck behind the phone all day
- Supporting client on-boarding, as required, and leveraging relationships to source new leads within existing clients
- Contributing towards training materials and supporting on-boarding training for future employees as the company expands
The ideal candidate
- Continually improves: you're smart, ambitious, motivated and coachable - you don’t take yourself too seriously, you try new things and learn from others.
- Gets things done: you're passionate, a self-starter, take the initiative and capable of execute independently.
- Improves the team: you have a strong team spirit and are able to work effectively in collaboration with others.
- Has a B2B track record: you must have a proven track record in generating new business within a corporate B2B sales environment, with a minimum of of 12 months in a lead generation/sales or growth hacking role, preferably in B2B cloud/SaaS software or financial services/compliance.
- Can prove themselves: back up your experience with clear evidence of direct business wins generated through your previous work – with the successes, failures, and numbers to prove it. Include proof of operational experience in using social media and the latest techniques to develop interest from leads, whether self-generated or given to you.
- Has a commercial mind: you'll have a keen commercial sense on which opportunities to prioritize..
- Communicates skillfully: opening, pursuing and closing opportunities requires excellent communication and negotiation skills (fluent in English, for a start) and a consultative approach to closing business. If you're fluent in Spanish in Spanish or Portuguese, that helps too - we want to take on the Latin American markets, and we want you to be a part of that push.
- Builds, creates, and wins: we're a start-up, so show us what you've built, improved, and taken ownership of on your way here.
- Hungry to develop: you want to build your skills and take on more responsibilities quickly – our ambitious expansion plans mean we’re looking for new leaders to help us grow.
This is a full-time role based in our Downtown NYC office. The successful candidate will receive a basic salary of $40,000+ p.a. based on their level of experience, which will be reviewed for a potential increase every six months. You will also receive generous bonuses/commissions for meeting and surpassing sales targets.
As a regular full-time employee of the Company you will be eligible to participate in programs established for employees, such as medical, dental and vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability, savings plan and any similar benefits made available to employees of the Company. Currently, the Company offers its full-time employees up to fifteen (15) days of paid time off (PTO) per year. In addition, you will be eligible for all Company designated holidays.