Lead Software Engineer
We are looking for a talented Lead/Senior Software Engineer to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solutions to help organizations fight financial crime. We are building solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists. You will join and lead the Collections team, being involved in designing and developing highly scalable, robust, large-scale data collection and processing systems architecture that supports company growth as we look to sell into the enterprise market.
Since launching in 2014 we have been on a mission to fight financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $35m in funding, opened offices in New York, Singapore and Romania, and have grown to over 200 employees, and we're not stopping there!
We aim to grow to over 500 employees in the next 18 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime, and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 450 customers across 45 different countries. We're leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission, building our platform around AI, Machine Learning and Big Data, meaning that our platform is unrivaled in it's capabilities.
No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
Focus on the Team- We're Collaborative, Human, and Humble
Kaizen- We're Curious, Proactive and Agile
Deliver Results- We're Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we're committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. Our culture and working environment is second to none- Don't believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor
We are looking for an expert lead/senior engineer to join our Collections team. You'll get involved in developing systems at scale and handling large volumes of data.
- You will be responsible for leading the Collections team (3-5 developers)
- You will be responsible for designing and developing highly scalable, robust, large-scale data collection and processing systems architecture that supports company growth as we look to sell into the enterprise market (need to increase data collection by orders of magnitude)
- You will be a primary technical coder in Java or python (ideally)
- You will work within a Cloud-based development environment (K8S, Kafka)
What does success look like after 3 months?
- You will have delivered existing roadmap around Nutch enhancements with your team
- You will have started to design and think through next stage in architecture for required growth
- You have implemented the best practices around software delivery to the team and own Infrastructure needs
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- You have extensive knowledge of data structures, algorithms, complexity and optimisation strategies
- You’ll be a solid programmer with experience in a mainstream language ideally Java, or open to working with Java
- You will have worked on cloud based systems and ideally be familiar with cloud technologies and containers
- You will have lead a small team previously (officially or unofficially)
- You have experience in medium/big data systems and ideally have experience with Nutch or other web scrapers (nice to have)
- Most likely a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or other numerate field with around 7 years professional experience
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension scheme
- Company health care plan
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- £2000 training and development budget